Browse Our Book
• The first book devoted exclusively to aromatic hydrosols--gentle, water-based plant extracts that expand the healing, cosmetic, and culinary applications of aromatherapy.
• The newest development in the field of aromatherapy.
• The homeopathic form of aromatic treatment that is the perfect complement to other forms of vibrational medicine.
• A comprehensive reference with more than 100 recipes and formulas for using hydrosols as well as sources of supply.
• With an introduction by Kurt Schnaubelt, author of Advanced Aromatherapy and Medical Aromatherapy.
Hydrosols is one of the most anticipated books in the world of holistic health because it introduces a revolutionary new use of essential oils in aromatic treatment. Hydrosols, or hydrolates, are the pure, water-based solutions created when essential oils are steam distilled. Through this process, a potent, yet subtle form of medicine is created, one that is able to be ingested as well as applied directly to the skin, unlike most pure essential oils. In fact, hydrosols are considered the homeopathic version of aromatherapy, and as such are ideal for use with children, animals, and those with fragile immune systems.
Suzanne Catty details the specifics of 67 hydrosols, provides formulas to treat more than 50 health concerns, and offers 40 delicious recipes in which hydrosols can be used. Her section on pets will help owners deal with urinary tract and digestive problems as well as grooming and odor issues. She also shows how hydrosols can be used with other forms of vibrational medicine and with feng shui, geomancy, and dowsing.
About the Author(s) of Hydrosols
Praise for Hydrosols
Daniel Penoel, MD, Author Home Health Using Essential Oils, Co-author L'aromatherapie exatement, Director Osmobiose Center, France
Robert Tisserand, Author The Art of Aromatherapy, Co-author Essentail Oils Safety, Founder The International Journal of Aromatherapy, Principal of The Tisserand Institute
OmegaSource, Volume 4, Issue 1
Kurt Schnaubelt, PhD, Author of Medical Aromatherapy and Advanced Aromatherapy, Director The Pacific Institiute of Aromatherapy and Original Swiss Aromatics
Mindy Green, Author of Natural Perfumes and Calendula, Co-author Aromatherapy A complete Guide to the Healing Art, Director of Education, Herb Research Foundation, Boulder, CO
Pamela Parsons, Holistic Practitioner, Editor, The Aromatic Thymes magazine