The first comprehensive guide to overcoming addictions by using natural remedies that rebuild health for both body and mind from the inside out.
• Covers a full range of natural remedies, including herbs, homeopathy, aromatherapy, flower essence remedies, color therapy, acupressure, and more.
• Addresses many different substances, such as caffeine and chocolate, and discusses how the body deals with withdrawal, detoxification, and repatterning.
• The natural remedies included in this book can be used in conjunction with conventional therapies.
• By well-known author Brigitte Mars, who has 30 years of experience with natural therapies and is the formulator for UniTea Herbs.
Addiction is one of the most serious health issues facing our twenty-first century culture. Modern lifestyles encourage us to consume excessive amounts of caffeine and sugar and to unwind from our stressful lives with tobacco or alcohol. Left untreated, some addictions can cause metabolic damage, leading to heart disease, high blood pressure, and immune disorders--as well as causing nutritional deficiencies, fatigue, and depression.
Addiction-Free--Naturally offers gentle but effective ways to ease cravings and nourish the body, as well as information on cleansing the body of accumulated toxins and using natural remedies for stress relief. The remedies can be used in conjunction with conventional therapies, such as psychotherapy or Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. The author also offers advice on designing a personal program to break addiction and finding a health care professional or program to offer expert guidance as you walk the road to recovery.
Liberating Yourself from Sugar, Caffeine, Food Addictions, Tobacco, Alcohol, and Prescription Drugs
Part One: Natural and Herbal Approaches to Treating Addiction
1. Facing the Facts: Coming to Terms with Addiction
2. On Your Own Terms: Beating Addictions with Natural Therapies
Part Two: Healing Begins
3. Like a Kid in a Candy Store: Sugar Addictions
4. The Java Jones: Giving Up Caffeine
5. You Can't Eat Your Way to Happiness: Overcoming Food Addictions
6. Up in Smoke: Beating the Nicotine Fix
7. Getting Sober: Dealing with Alcoholism
8. Just What the doctor Ordered: Beating Addiction to Prescription Stimulants and Tranquilizers
Part Three When You've Finally Decided to Quit
9. Jitterbug Blues: Making It through the Withdrawal Period
10. Addiction-Free for Life: Making It through Tough Times
11. Herbal Basics
Appendix 1: Overdose First Aid
Appendix 2: Resources
"This book is especially useful for gaining a better understanding of your addiction, or addictions in general, and for providing ideas for healing your addiction, using over 20 modalities. I would recommend this book as an initial step in making the commitment to seek help regarding your addiction."
The Library Letter, Spring 2002
"Mars offers gentle, non-invasive methods of breaking free from addictions, including ways of cleansing the body of accumulated toxins."
Diane Wilde, SHE magazine, 06/03
"Addiction Free--Naturally shows you a supportive way to ease away from your addictions naturally while still working through whatever program you’re on. By following simple instructions you can help nourish brain chemistry (which is responsible for many of our emotions), stabilize blood sugar, and correct long-neglected nutritional deficiencies, all of which are important predictors of sustaining recovery."
Rahasya Poe, Lotus Guide, Feb 2007