In this book, the author discusses the properties of aloe vera and explains why it is effective in healing. She also explores the ways the plant has been used throughout history by cultures as diverse as the ancient Egyptian and Native American. Gage demystifies the proven curative properties of aloe vera and shows how it can be used to best advantage for a wide variety of problems.
New edition of the popular classic
Citing case studies and current research, Diane Gage presents a balanced view of the many uses of aloe vera.
Nature's Soothing Healer
1. Aloe Vera Comes of Age
2. A Living Legend
3. The Inside Story: How Aloe Vera Works
4. The Making of Aloe Vera
5. The Blossoming Aloe Vera Industry
6. A Balm for Burns
7. Treating the Skin with Aloe Vera
8. The Beauty of Aloe: Aloe Vera in Skin and Hair Products
9. Healing the Inside: Arthritis, Stomach Ulcers, Diabetes, and More
10. Aloe Vera Fights Tooth and Gum Decay
11. Treating Sports Injuries with Aloe Vera
12. Veterinary Uses
13. What's Next?
Appendix A: Definitions
Appendix B: Useful Addresses