Newly revised edition of the definitive guide to using essential oils during pregnancy, birth, and early motherhood.
• Special sections on massage give complete instructions for easing the discomforts of pregnancy, relieving the pain of labor and birth, and facilitating the bonding of mother and child.
• Written by a registered nurse trained in herbal medicine, reflexology, and massage.
Fragrant, gentle essential oils are ideally suited to the special needs of women during pregnancy, birth, and early motherhood. This newly revised edition of the definitive guide provides the reader with expert advice on using essential oils in massage, baths, compresses, lotions, and inhalations. Special sections on massage for pregnant women and newborns give complete instructions for using massage to ease the discomforts of pregnancy and relieve the pain of labor and birth, as well as to soothe and comfort restless babies and facilitate the bonding of mother and child. The author also explains how to successfully treat common disorders such as morning sickness, water retention, cellulite, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and stretch marks. Safe, effective remedies for babies are also covered, including colic, diaper rash, and teething pain.
Aromatherapy and Massage for Mother and Baby
1. The Benefits of Aromatherapy in Pregnancy
2. Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Explained
3. A History of Essential Oils
4. How to Use Essential Oils
5. A Guide to Essential Oils
6. Preconceptual Care
7. Pregnancy Massage
8. Aromahelp for Discomforts During Pregnancy
9. Aromahelp for Labor and Birth
10. Postpartum Care and Adjusting to Motherhood
12. Getting Back into Shape
13. Postpregnancy Skin and Hair
14. Baby Massage
15. Aromahelp for Baby Problems
16. A Reference Guide to Essential Oils
Glossary of Medical Terms
Appendix 1: Resource Guide
Appendix 2: Recommended Reading