About this Book
Introduction: Medicine for a New Millennium
Let X = MDMA
1. The History of MDMA
2. What Does MDMA Feel Like?
3. How MDMA Works in the Brain
4. The Chemistry of MDMA
5. MDMA Myths and Rumors Dispelled
6. The Godparents of MDMA
Risks of MDMA Use
7. Medical Risks Associated with MDMA Use
8. Mental Health Problems Associated with MDMA Use
9. Does MDMA Cause Brain Damage?
10. The Legal Status of MDMA Around the World
11. Minimizing Risk in the Dance Community
12. Using MDMA in Healing, Psychotherapy, and Spiritual Practice
13. Experience with the Interpersonal Psychedelics
14. Clinical Experience with MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy
Potential Clinical Uses for MDMA
15. Using MDMA in the Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
16. Using MDMA in the Treatment of Depression
17. Using MDMA in the Treatment of Schizophrenia
18. Using MDMA in Alternative Medicine
19. Clinical Research with MDMA: A Worldwide Review
20. Giving MDMA to Human Volunteers in Switzerland
21. Giving MDMA to Human Volunteers in the United States
MDMA and Society
22. Ecstasy: Prescription for Cultural Renaissance
23. MDMA and Spirituality
24. MDMA's Promise as a Prescription Medicine
History Timeline - Julie Holland, M.D.
Statistics Timeline - Julie Holland, M.D.
Table I: Studies of Long-term Behavioral or Functional Changes After MDMA in Animals - Matthew Baggot and John Mendelson, M.D.
Table II: Reported Neurofunctional Differences Between Ecstasy Users and Nonusers - Matthew Baggot and John Mendelson, M.D.
Table III: Memory Studies of Ecstasy Users vs. Nonusers - Harry Sumnall