• Explains how sensitivity to foods is responsible for many chronic and misdiagnosed ailments such as migraines, sinus problems, and persistent fatigue.
• Includes a step-by-step process for identifying food allergies and intolerances and reshaping your diet for better health.
Many people suffer from chronic, unexplained health problems--migraine headaches, poor digestion, recurring sinus symptoms, aching muscles and joints, persistent fatigue--whose causes remain elusive, even to doctors. When conventional tests fail to provide a clear-cut diagnosis, doctors often suggest that these symptoms are due to stress or anxiety, but now Jonathan Brostoff and Linda Gamlin demonstrate that quite often food allergies and food intolerance are the true culprits in these situations.
The authors provide clear explanations of the causes of, as well as the differences between, food allergies and food intolerance and offer numerous case studies on problems all too familiar to many readers. More important, they provide much-needed solutions and treatments for these problems. Along with a wealth of illustrations and charts, Food Allergies and Food Intolerance includes an invaluable step-by-step process for diagnosing food intolerance with a three-stage elimination diet and a system of gradual food reintroduction. A must for anyone who suspects a chronic condition may be linked to dietary sensitivity, Food Allergies and Food Intolerance supplies information that often results in dramatic and long-lasting improvement in people's health and in their lives.
Food Allergies and Food Intolerance
The Complete Guide to Their Identification and Treatment
Note to the Third Edition
1. Another Man's Poison
2. Food Allergy, Mast Cells, and IgE
3. The Classical Allergic Diseases
4. Treating Classical Allergies and Identifying Food Allergens
5. Other Forms of Food Allergy
6. The Great Controversy
7. Food Intolerance
8. Mind and Body
9. Chemical Sensitivity
10. Bugs in the System--Candida and Giardia
11. Food Problems in Children
12. What Causes Food Intolerance?
13. Preventing Food Sensitivity
14. The Elimination Diet
15. After the Elimination Diet--Treating Food Intolerance
"They provide clear explanations of the causes of, and differences between, food allergy and food intolerance, and offer numerous case studies."