• A thorough explanation of the most sophisticated system of astrology known.
• More than 30 tables and charts for doing readings and creating horoscopes.
• New edition of Astrological Secrets of the Hebrew Sages.
The ancient Hebrews developed the richest and most sophisticated system of astrology known in the Western world, but this practice has been almost completely forgotten. Now Joel Dobin, an ordained rabbi and practicing astrologer, brings to light the wealth of astrological information in the Kabbalah, Bible, Talmud, and Midrash, revealing a profound tradition as valuable today as it was millennia ago. Key to this astrological system is the Kabbalah--the Jewish mystery tradition--in which the sacred Tree of Life links the influences of the twelve zodiacal constellations and seven planets to specific letters of the Hebrew alphabet, creating a unique method for constructing horoscopes. Analyses of the zodiac according to the rulerships of the sons of Jacob, the importance of solar and lunar directions and masculine and feminine influences, and the paradigm-shifting nature of the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction (next scheduled for 2001) are all explored for their impact on global and personal destiny. More than 30 tables and charts put all the information needed for doing astrological readings at your fingertips.
The Sacred Tradition of the Hebrew Sages
Preface to the Second Edition
Part I: Introduction
1. In Search of Validity
2. Bible, Midrash, Talmud
Part II: Astrology of Ancient Israel
3. General Principles
4. The Twelve Sons of Jacob
5. The Other Indicators
6. The Testimony of Constellations
7. The Testimony of the Planets
Part III: Astrology in the Bible
8. ". . . To Rule Both Day and Night"
9. "The Evidenceof Two Witnesses Shall Establish the Matter"
10. Joseph, the Piscean Dreamer
11. Samson and Delilah: The First Star-Crossed Lovers
12. "Know How To Answer"
13. Some Fascinating Conjectures
Part IV: Astrology in the Midrash
15. Patriarch and Lawgiver
16. Man's Life through the Zodiac
Part V: Astrology in the Talmud
18. Two Great Lights and the Arrows of God
19. The Real Issue: Divine Election Versus the Mandate for Astrology!
20. Hours, Days, Months
21. The Importance of the Ascendant
22. Siman Tov U'Mazzal Tov!
Appendix 1: Hebrew Transliteration
Appendix 2: Rulership in the Bible
Appendix 3: Bible Verse Analysis
Appendix 4: Uses of "Heaven" and "Earth"
Appendix 5: Uses of Words and Concepts in Part III
Appendix 6: The Alphabet of Rabbi Akiba
Appendix 7: Astrology and Kabbalah