• Provides tools for self-initiation into the ancient and secret traditions of ceremonial magic.
• Explains various divination systems and how to perform ancient rituals that open the doorway to secret and arcane knowledge.
True magic can be defined as the art and science of using little-known or forgotten natural forces in order to achieve changes in consciousness and the physical environment. It concerns a wide body of doctrines and techniques, including the conjuring of spirits and non-human entities; the manufacture and consecration of wands, swords, talismans, and other tools of the magus; ritual divination; and the exploration of universes other than that with which we are familiar. The masters who taught others these ancient arts are gone, but Techniques of High Magic provides the practical and lucid instruction necessary for self-initiation into these secret traditions.
Emphasizing the ordered nature of the universe and the power of will directed by imagination, Francis King and Stephen Skinner introduce the reader to magical practices, rituals, and instruments that have been used for centuries. They explain systems of divination such as the I Ching, the Tarot, and geomancy, as well as techniques of astral projection and elementary alchemy. Their disciplined approach to magical practice includes easy formulas and diagrams that will help the initiate navigate an ancient and potent universe of gods, angels, and spirits--the world of High Magic.
Techniques of High Magic
A Handbook of Divination, Alchemy, and the Evocation of Spirits
1. The Meaning of Magic
2. First Steps of Magic
3. Divination as Magic
4. Making your Geomantic Instruments
5. Geomantic Divination
6. Tattwa Vision
7. Making and Consecrating your Elemental Weapons
8. How to Make Talismans for Yourself
9. The I Ching
10. Astral Projection in Theory and Practice
11. The magic of the Tarot Cards
13. Invocation of the Gods
14. Evocation of Spirits
I Pentagram Rituals
II Hexagram Rituals
III Middle Pillar Exercise
IV Ritual of the Rose Cross