• A ten-step technique, based on the teachings of the Toltecs, that allows the reader to heal from traumatic life events and emerge with new energy and direction.
• Introduces the practice of Recapitulation, a method used by the indigenous people of Mexico to restore balance to the psyche.
• Ideal for people suffering the effects of childhood trauma, broken relationships, abuse, depression, anxiety, and other psychological stresses
What if it were possible to revisit the traumatic or difficult events of our past and emerge renewed, re-energized, and healed from the damage left within us by these events? The practice of Recapitulation can do just this through a series of energetic exercises that can ultimately free us from the repetitive emotional conflicts and persistent negative patterns that often result from trauma.
Victor Sanchez shares with the reader both the philosophy and practical applications of this ancient Toltec technique. Anyone who has lived through a long, difficult experience--perhaps a serious illness, broken relationship, sexual abuse, or a childhood spent in a divisive family environment--can benefit from this process. Recapitulation makes it possible to actually relive and resolve the events that have caused emotional distress. In this clear and straightforward workbook, the author guides readers through the ten steps of Recapitulation and invites them to experience the powerful and positive new energy that results from healing the wounds of the past. The Toltec Path of Recapitulation offers an ancient ritual of renewal for the contemporary world.
About the Structure of This Book
Part 1: The What, Why, and How of Recapitulation
1. Preliminaries and First Approach to Recapitulation
2. What Is Recapitulation?
3. What Can We Get from Recapitulation
4. How the Process of Recapitulation Works
5. Who Should Do Recapitulation?
Part 2: The Techniques: How to Do the Recapitulation
6. AVP Ten-Steps Technique for Recapitulation
7. Step 1: The List
8. Step 2: The Recapitulation Box
9. Step 3 through 8: Inside the Box
10. Steps 9 and 10: Living Purposefully
11. Additional Procedures
12. Designing Your Personal Program of Recapitulation
Appendix A Table of Examples
Appendix B Opportunities to Grow Together: The AVP Workshops
About the Sources of This Work
About the Author